Saturday, July 08, 2006

I Am Back



Adam is right - I am now back into competition. My next target will be the Putrajaya Marathon to be held on 10 September and guess what, I will be running the full distance!

Sometimes it is scary knowing that the place is so hot with little shades and wide highways. The undulating course plus the late starting time - 6am are of little help either. I can still remember how I suffered last year despite it being half the distance!

Nevertheless, I will still give it a shot to support the organizer as this will be the first time they are organizing a 42km marathon. Besides, I also have many customers-cum-friends from this administrative township.

To get the ball rolling... I took part in 10km in Ipoh last week. Despite a short one-week training, I think I did reasonably well in 45:43 which even surprised myself!

While my next warm-up race will be a 21km in Seremban next week, I hope I will be able to clock in as much mileage as possible within my busy schedule without aggravating my old injury.

Hopefully, I will be able to cross the finishing line under 4 hours in Putrajaya.

Till then, God bless me.

3 comments:

AdamLoh said...

Hi, Little Wonder, so good to hear that your are zest towards competitive running again. I fully support your idea and God will surely watch over you and Wai Mun and gives both of you the care, loves and protection. Always remember that you have God besides your friends. See you at Seremban.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, the Running Couple! I did miss u guys.
Good luck and God bless. :)
SH

pm19 said...

John! Nice to know you're back. I'm also trying to get back into shape. I dunno exactly what pace you're running now, but if you wanna run with me, I will usually be free after 630pm. At the moment because of the floral show in Lake Gardens, I'm running at KLCC. Once the floral show is over I'll be back at the Lake Gardens. Hope to be able to run with you. Just gimme chance yeah.