Saturday, May 03, 2008

Bidor Half Marathon 2008


April 27, 2008.

Woke up at 3.30am. Couldn't sleep any further as the weather this morning was rather hot and humid. I wasn't sure if it was the consequence from overtraining as I did a ride-and-run the day before?

Left home at 4.30am and by 6.00am we already arrived at Bidor. Honestly I was quite sleepy and thought of taking a nap in the car. However, excitement won over the drowsiness and I decided to just get ready for the race.

The race was started at 7am sharp. After 2-3 minutes into running, I could feel the stress on both shin - no thanks to my usual laziness of not doing a proper warm up! Being an experienced runner, I knew the pain will go off eventually, so I just stayed calm. True enough the pain vanished after running 3-4km.

As I was beginning to cruise, I started observing and enjoying the surroundings. The route was generally undulating. There are lots of green and rubber trees. Air was good. The best part was runners basically occupied the whole 2-lane road to ourselves due to the almost zero traffic around this area.

After 5km, we were required to make a u-turn heading back to the town. Upon reaching the town, we turned right to another side of the town. This part is even more hilly but I like it very much as it is quite similiar to our training ground at Bukit Tunku area.

Again after another 5km or so, we made a u-turn and headed back to the finishing line in the town. I was pleased to complete the race in 1:39:24 and was fourth in the Jr Veteran category. Wai Mun came back some 15 minutes later and she was 2nd Runners-up in the ladies category. Some of our friends also won the Top 10 finishers. Congratulations to Ben Swee, Neil, Mr Chin, Jessica, Kim in half marathon and Shahnom, Ronnie See, Chen, Clara Bong in 10km. We were presented with a beautiful medal and trophy.

Special thanks to the event organizers for a well organised and runner-friendly race. Enjoyed the race!

1 comment:

cRAzYtoMatOmaN-D said...

Wah!!!!!!! Trophy and medal look very the nicee niceeeeee!!!!

Congrats speedy scotty John!!